1 consisting of separate interconnected parts
2 of or relating to or belonging to the plant family Compositae
3 used of color
4 a modified Corinthian style of architecture (a combination of Corinthian and Ionic)
1 a conceptual whole made up of complicated and related parts; "the complex of shopping malls, houses, and roads created a new town" [syn: complex]
2 considered the most highly evolved dicotyledonous plants, characterized by florets arranged in dense heads that resemble single flowers [syn: composite plant]
made up of multiple components; compound or complex
being a mixture of Ionic and Corinthian styles
not prime; having factors
- Finnish: yhdistetty
belonging to the Asteraceae family
- Finnish: mykerökukkainen
structural material that gains its strength from a combination of complementary materials
plant belonging to the family Compositae
- Finnish: mykerökukkainen
function of a function
- Finnish: yhdistelmäfunktio
Composite may refer to:
- Composite card - a marketing tool for actors and especially models.
- Composite character - a character in an adaptation of a work formed from two or more characters from the original work.
- Composite video - a video signal which combines all the elements of the picture.
- Digital compositing or optical film compositing - a common 2-D visual effects technique.
- Composite number - an integer greater than one that is not a prime number!
- A function composition - a composite of two math functions.
- The family Compositae or "composite family" - the largest family of flowering plants; now called Asteraceae.
- Composite volcano - a tall, conical volcano composed of many layers of hardened lava, tephra, and volcanic ash.
- Composite material - a material that is made from several different substances.
- Dental composite - a substance used to fill cavities in teeth.
- Alloy - a composite of a metal and another element.
- Metal matrix composite - a composite material with at least two constituent parts, one being a metal.
- Cermet - a composite material composed of ceramic (cer) and metallic (met) materials.
- Mixture - a composite made by combining two or more different materials with no chemical reaction occurring.
- Composite particle - a particle which is made up of smaller particles.
- Composite pattern - a software design pattern used for computer programming.
- Composite video - a format of analog video signal.
- Composite order - in architecture, a type of capital on a column.
- Compositing (democracy), the process of combining several motions into a composite motion.
- Facial composite - an estimated likeness of a face made from an eyewitnesses description.
composite in French: Composite
composite in Japanese: コンポジット
composite in Dutch: Composiet
admixture, alloy, amalgam, amalgamated, ambiguous, ambivalent, amphibious, blend, blended, certain, combination, combined, combo, commixture, complex, composition, compound, compounded, concoction, confection, conglomerate, dappled, eclectic, ensemble, equivocal, fifty-fifty, half-and-half, heterogeneous, immixture, indiscriminate, integral, integrant, integrated, intermixture, intricate, ironic, jumbled, magma, many-sided, medley, mingled, miscellaneous, mixed, mixture, more, more than one, motley, multifaceted, multinational, multiracial, not singular, numerous, paste, patchy, plural, pluralistic, plurative, promiscuous, rolled into one, scrambled, some, syncretic, thrown together, unified, unitary, united, varied, various